I'm typing this post on a tablet in bed. Because I'm really busy. And smug. I feel like one of the Peanut kids typing with two fingers. like Schroeder playing the piano. Seriously, how genius was Charlie Brown?
Ok already derailing. And I hate this tablet. I can't get into a typing rhythm. Good thing I'm not ranting tonight. Or at least not publicly.
I wanted to talk to you today about eating when you're busy. I've had a really busy month and after spending the first portion of that eating my feelings - which i normally found in a pizza box or Thai takeaway container, I decided to take control and give myself some fridge options, along with some tips to not flip out and randomly shave your head. You know when you're so busy you don't even remembered if you actually showered the day before?Yeah. Here's some ideas that might help you stay sane:
1. Eat your fucking breakfast! I make sure i give myself a good 15 mins of am breakfast eating time. You need hour energy so stop being a martyr and saying you don't have time. Make time! my favorite breakfast this month is toasted whole grain bread with avocado, canned tuna and tomatoes. I'm seriously quite full for awhile after I eat this.
2. Boil eggs. If you like eggs, boil 4 - 6 at a time and keep them in your fridge. Take one with you for a snack. I keep a little container of salt and pepper in my bag to go with my eggs. So tasty and fast. for the perfect boiled egg see my recipe section.
3. Canned tuna. I grew up HATING tuna because my mom used to feed it to our cats when i was little. But I've gotten over it, especially when I found tuna marinated in oil instead of water. It's not dry like the stuff in water. It makes me feel upmarket. Like I am eating the good tuna. I'm not a huge fan of canned food, but we're hanging on the edge here! Do the canned tuna. Plus it's a good source of protein teamed up with a healthy fat source. in other words, it will keep you going when you want to rip your boss's face off.
4. Blueberries! Oh little gems I love you so much....when you're in season and don't cost like a zillion bucks a punnet. I bring blueberries with me to snack on just in case I feel like eating my weight in chocolate. They're sweet enough to make you feel like you've treated yourself. Well, maybe not entirely, but you're so busy you won't know the difference.
Ok I'm hating this tablet! This is not increasing productivity at all. But. I'm no quitter...
5. Lavender oil. Every night after a hard day I grab a glass of hard liquor and jump into a hot bath with lavender oil. You know...that awesome newage thing we call aromatherapy. It totally works. Sometimes I rub lavender oil into my temples if I need a super strong hit. Do something to relax before you pass out. You'll sleep better.
6. Speaking of sleep, if you reeeaally want to sleep well get yourself a wheat pack. Heat it in the microwave and snuggle the shit out of it. Shane and I fight over ours. Olive, not so much. It has seriously changed my life.
I have more, but I'm getting tired and this stupid tablet isn't helping me to type very well. I hope these little ideas help. Remember: this too shall pass. You can do it!